The SBA has updated the Disaster Declaration website to include all counties in Kentucky. Business owners can now begin the online application for the Economic Injury Disaster Loan from the SBA website Click Here to begin the online application for an SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan.
Tips for Applying:
- Applications take 14-21 to process
- Loans under $25,000 do not require collateral
- Loans over $25,000 require collateral
- Include the disaster in your application – specifically name “COVID-19 or Coronavirus”
- SBA offers loans with long-term repayments in order to keep payments affordable, up to a maximum of 30 years and are available to entities without the financial ability to offset the adverse impact without hardship
- Applicants may apply online, receive additional disaster assistance information and download applications at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela.
- Applicants may also call SBA’s Customer Service Center at (800) 659-2955 or email email@example.com for more information on SBA disaster assistance. Individuals who are deaf or hard‑of‑hearing may call (800) 877-8339.
- It’s best to apply online, however, completed applications can be mailed to U.S. Small Business Administration, Processing and Disbursement Center, 14925 Kingsport Road, Fort Worth, TX 76155
- Download a copy of the Kentucky Small Business Development Center’s (KSBDC) checklist for Managing in Times of Financial Difficulty
- Click here to request an appointment with a KSBDC business coach near you
Here’s what you can do to prepare:
Gather the following information:
- Most recent Federal Tax Return
- Year-End Profit & Loss Statement
- A current year to date Profit & Loss Statement
- Monthly break down of sales figures
Get Familiar with the Necessary SBA Forms:
- Completed SBA loan application (SBA Form 5 for business) or (SBA Form 5C for a sole proprietor)
- Tax Information Authorization (IRS Form 4506T) for the applicant, principals, and affiliates (20% Owners/GP/50% Affiliate)
- Schedule of Liabilities (SBA Form 2202)
- Personal Financial Statement (SBA Form 413). 20% Owners/GP
- Follow this link to see PDF copies of all the forms and instruction pages.
- Applications are available online on the SBA’s Disaster Loan Assistance site.
- There is no cost to apply for the loan.
- If your loan is approved you are not obligated to accept the funds
- The EIDL is not your only option. The Kentucky SBDC team can help you determine the best course of action for your business.
- It may take 14-21 days (or longer) AFTER you submit the application before you receive an approval or denial notice from SBA.
Calvert City is available to assist through these unprecedented times. If you need assistance navigating the website, please let us know! firstname.lastname@example.org