Calvert City, KY. (October 26, 2020) – The City of Calvert City is urging residents to start planning now on ways to protect themselves and others this Halloween. The Calvert City Trunk-or-Treat Trail is scheduled for October 31 with a curfew of 10:00 PM. Calvert City asks that drivers and pedestrians be aware and prepared to stop at crosswalks.
The Governor of Kentucky listed these guidelines for a safe trick-or-treating year:
- Leave your porch light on if you want trick-or-treaters. Place individually wrapped candy outside on porches, driveways, or tables and maintain six-foot social distancing from anyone not in your household.
- Face coverings are encouraged for trick-or-treaters (and Halloween masks don’t count). Health officials recommend cleaning hands before and after touching high-contact surfaces.
- Look both ways when crossing the street.
- Drivers are aware of crosswalks and drive slow through neighborhoods.
- Be visible by wearing reflective tape, carrying a flashlight, or a glow stick.
“The pandemic is still here. It’s important for us to continue to social distance and wear our masks for the safety of others,” said Jones. Local churches across the city are organizing safe drive-thru trunk-or-treat events and the city will prepare a map of all the locations.
One stop this year, new to the Calvert City Trunk-or-Treat trail, is the Calvert Carve: A Halloween Pumpkin Fest scheduled for October 31 in Memorial Park. Stroll through Memorial Park on Halloween and see the carved and painted pumpkins submitted for the Calvert Area Development Association-sponsored contest.
Pumpkin entries can be submitted to Memorial Park on October 28 from 3-7 PM, October 29 from 3-7 PM, and October 30 from 3-6 PM. Pumpkins will be on display on October 31 from 5-8 PM in Memorial Park. There are four categories: adults, high school, middle school, and elementary. You do not have to live in Calvert City to participate. Pumpkins can be carved or painted. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd will be awarded prizes. Winners will be announced on Facebook on October 31. When submitting your pumpkin, please remember to write your name, phone number, and age.
Trunk or Treats on October 31:
United Steelworkers 5-8 PM
L& J Cycles 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Pathway Baptist Church 5-8 PM
BooFest at Lakeland Event Center 5-7 PM
First Baptist Church 5-7 PM
St. Pius Church 5:30 PM
Altona Baptist Church 4-7 PM
Calvert City Fire Department 5-8 PM
Calvert Carve Pumpkin Path 5-7 PM
If you plan to attend these October events, please remember to wear a mask and remain socially distant. If you feel sick, please remain at home. For questions, call (270) 395-7138 or by email at email@example.com.