Frequently Asked Questions

We’ve compiled a list of frequently asked questions just for you! If you can’t find what you are looking for, contact Calvert City Hall at 270-395-7138.

Where do I go to get utilities?

Water & Sewer

Calvert City-City Hall Clerk’s Office,
861 E. 5th Ave., Calvert City, KY  42029

Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Garbage Collection

Calvert City-City Hall Clerk’s Office,
861 E. 5th Ave., Calvert City, KY  42029

Mon-Fri 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.

To find the full schedule for pick-up click here. 

Garbage Route Schedule

Garbage Route Areas

Natural Gas Supplier

Atmos Energy 270-247-3312

Electric Providers

If you are located east of Evergreen Street,
West Kentucky RECC 270-247-1321

If you are located west of Evergreen Street
Jackson Purchase Energy Corp800-633-4044

Cable Providers

If you are located west of Grand Oaks Road
Time Warner Communications 1-855-821-7018

If you are located east of Grand Oaks Road
Mediacom  800-874-2924 or 270-527-3212
Windstream Communications 800-347-1991
Time Warner Communications 1-855-821-7018

Can I pay my water & sewer bill online?

Not currently; however, Direct Pay through your checking account is available by completing this form.

Can I have my water reconnected after normal working hours?

Water & Sewer does not work after normal working hours unless there is an emergency.

What is first of the month pickup?

The City picks up bulk household items or vegetation too large to place in normal garbage pickup.  See the schedule on the Forms page.

Do I need a Building Permit?

Building permits are required for residential and commercial construction and renovation.  To verify the need, call the Marshall County Planners office at 270-527-4744.

Do I need a Zoning Compliance Permit?

If you are building, adding or changing the use of a property contact the city Administrator’s office at 270-395-7138.

Who needs a Flood Plain Permit?

Those doing work (grading, fill, and or construction) in the 100-year flood plain must obtain a state and local flood plain permit.  See the City Administrator’s Office for more information. 270-395-7138

When does the City test its emergency Warning System?

The sirens are tested the first Friday of each month at 1:00 pm.

I hear an alarm, what do I do?

It is important to download the CodeRed messaging system provided free by Calvert City. If you have a concern, please call City Hall to request more information.

Calvert City | Instagram

Can't Find What You're Looking For?


Calvert City | tourism | icon





861 E 5th Avenue
Calvert City, KY 42029

Mon–Fri: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Sat & Sun: Closed



861 E 5th Avenue
Calvert City, KY 42029


8 a.m. - 4p.m.

Sat & Sun: Closed


© 2019 Calvert City. All Rights Reserved.